21 March 2005

Risk when update FreeBSD ports!

This morning before go to work, I did weekly task to update my FreeBSD ports manually (I don't use cron, since I don't want my cpu load when using other apps). Usually I use 'portupgrade -PP -varR', but this time without option PP.

In /usr/ports/UPDATING, 20050312 user can upgrade gnome, gtk/glib with the script gnome_upgrade.sh. I use this script and then I noticed that the firefox, open-office, py24-gtk were uninstalled ! I need to install these apps again :-(. And the worse thing happen then. I got this error message when run the py-gtk demo:
> python pygtk-demo.py

(process:30237): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:30237): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:30237): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2294: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:30237): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
Failed to load Pango module for id: 'BasicScriptEngineFc'
(process:30237): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:30237): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function
I had try writing a gtk application using glade and pygtk by refer this article. I feel the pygtk demo better than last time I playing with this toolkit (it quite similar to wxpython demo approach). Yesterday I happily browse the pygtk demo, but this gtk problem give me headache.
Emm... I give up :-(.

Today I start my first project (start from scratch) at bytecraft for Kementerian Pembangunan Usahawan dan Koperasi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check this
#1
#2